Now that you know what a WordPress page is, let’s look at the three steps you’ll need to set a static page as your homepage.
Step# 1. Create a Static Homepage
In this step, we’ll create a WordPress page, that we’ll later set as the home page. To create a page in WordPress login to your WordPress dashboard admin area, then:
- Click on the Pages >> Add New menu.
- Add a page’s title and content.
- Then click on the Publish… button to publish your page
Step# 2. Set the Static Front Page & The Blog Page
In this final step, we’ll configure WordPress to display our static page as the homepage. We’ll also tell WordPress to display our blog posts on the placeholder Blog page we created in step 2.
To set the static front page and the blog page:
- Click on Settings >> Reading in your admin dashboard.
- Set Your homepage displays to A static page.
- Select the static page we created in step 1 as the Homepage.
- Select the placeholder blog page we created in step 2 as the Posts page.
- Click Save.